- Records the official minutes of Town Council meetings
- Prepares the Town Council meeting agendas
- Processes, records, files and advertises ordinances, resolutions and notices
- Responsible for filling Public Records Requests
- Maintains custody of the official Town Seal
- Attests official documents and contracts
- Serves as the Town’s liaison with the Supervisor of Elections office; Serves as the Town Qualifying Officer for candidates running for election
- Prepares and maintains custody of all official Town records and files
- Prepares and maintains the record index system, oversees records management, retention and destruction in accordance with state regulations
- Coordinates all Town procurements and provides contract management services; Processes, records, files and advertises bids for municipal projects
- Maintains and updates the Town’s website; Uploads the Town Council agendas to the Town’s website for public review prior to the meeting
- Advertises, records, and files the municipal budget
- Supervises reception/front office management policy
Deputy Town Clerk
Assistant Town Administrator/Town Clerk
13400 Griffin Road Southwest Ranches, FL 33330
Russell Muñiz was appointed Town Clerk in March 2014. In January 2015, he was appointed Assistant Town Administrator. He has been serving South Florida municipalities since 1995; previously serving Davie and Pembroke Pines. He earned his Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Nova Southeastern University in 1998 and returned to school to complete his Master’s Degree in Public Administration from Florida Atlantic University in 2009.
Illustrative of his penchant for public service, Russell has served as the past president of the Broward County Municipal Clerk’s Association, Vice President of the South Florida Government Finance Officers and City Clerks Association, member of the Broward County City Managers Association, and has participated in numerous charity fund raisers such as Broward Arthritis Walk, American Heart Association Walk, Habitat for Humanity, and Hispanic Unity’s Latin Fest. Prior to public service Russell worked in the financial industry in New York City.
The position of the municipal clerk is an important and exacting position in municipal government. Under both state law and local ordinances, the municipal clerk is entrusted with numerous and diverse duties.
Please be advised that under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone at (954) 434-0008, or in writing at 13400 Griffin Road, Southwest Ranches, FL 33330.